Monday 2 January 2012

New Year - new stuff

I'm not one for New Years resolutions and yet the 1st January seems an excellent place to start with new stuff.

So, we have new Niddy noddies going onto etsy and although this is a tragic photo I though I would upload it anyway.  The light is atrocious at the moment for photographs so I'll not use this for etsy but I'd like to show it on here just as a sneaky peak.

Niddy noddy with a curvy midriff

The first set of niddy noddies all sold out over the holidays and so Jim has made us a batch more, mostly in the same style but these two were a little bit different.  I like that we've got a bit of versatility and I think they look great.  I will try and photograph them again tomorrow to put on etsy, I'll see how the light goes. 

Talking of photographs and setting new goals - I would like to be able to take some better pictures than I am doing now.  This is not really a difficult thing to do as my photography skill are somewhat lacking.  But, we have a great camera, a Nikon somethingorother so it's only my ability that is holding things back.

I came across this site - blipfoto while I was reading Helen Cowans blog.  I've read her blog for a few years now and her photography is just brilliant.  She keeps some of her fantastic pics on blipfoto.

The idea is that you take a photo a day and load it up to an online journal.  There are forums and tutorials to help you improve and by the end of the year you will have a record of what you've taken and also (hopefully) see how much more excellent you have become.  I've started today, which granted is the 2nd so I'm already behind (no change there) but I've started so I intend to finish. (not really very good at finishing either).
Our very fat dog, Brodie



I will try to keep posting my efforts, I think even if my photos never get to be brilliant, at the end of the year I will have a lovely record of our life.

Here's a link if you'd like a look
http://www.blipfoto.com/

See you soon

No comments: