Tuesday 16 October 2012

Just a little post today, it's very unusual for me to post twice in a week I know but I have an interview in Handspinning News which I'm really excited about.  I got a new photo out of the box and everything.

http://hand-spinning-news.com/

Sheila Dixon who produces this newsletter is a tireless supporter of spinning and everything connected to it, the letter includes news, interviews, free patterns, dates for courses, workshops and events.  It's definitely worth subscribing to and I'd say that even if I wasn't in it!

I posted a photo a couple of weeks ago of some BFL/nylon fibre, it was a huge surprise to me how beautifully the dye took to the fibre and I love it.  It's now spun and I'm still as pleased.







It was very easy to spin and although the photo doesn't really show the sheen in the fibre, it's definitely there.  I could have been dedicated and gone outside to photograph it, but it is a filthy filthy day here so kitchen table it was.

If you've seen BFL/nylon or merino/nylon and held back from ordering it, I'd say give it a go, it's well worth a punt.

No comments: