Monday 11 March 2013

Angelina arty yarn

I'm a pretty steady spinner, I'm driven more by colour than anything else, but why would people necessarily buy a yarn they may be able to buy in a wool shop from me when it will cost more? Well because it's so high quality and a complete one off of course!



So in order to try something new, I decided to try something a bit off the wall for me and I retrieved my box of Angelina fibres from the top of the shelf and my carder and set to.





Here's the finished yarn, photographed on a notebook on account of the ridiculous March weather, this is a photo of my neighbour's garden in the blizzard (it's nicer than mine).

The Angelina fibres need to be pretty thick to have any effect on the plied yarn, but I do enjoy plying thick and thin and seeing the fibres flash here and there.  Now I just have to think what to do with it.




If we don't use our yarn for knitting or weaving, how can we use them?  Going to experiment and see what I can do with it.  Other than take it out of the box, look at it and then put it back.  We'll see.....

No comments: