Tuesday 16 April 2013

Fibre Surprise

How many times when you're dyeing do you look at the finished fibre with a sneer, purse your lips and think 'I may stuff a cushion with you matey.' 

I'm sure it doesn't happen that often, but, it does happen.  Over Easter when I was working, looking after children, a dog and an ill husband, my daughter and I came up with the most excellent plan of swapping rooms, her being on the second floor in the attic and my wool room being on the first floor.

During the move I found a bag of previously sneered at fibre and decided I might as well give it a go.  Taking it to the local Knit'n'Natter, everyone else seemed to be quite positive about it.  Strange.



So I've spun it up and Navajo plied it, (not my favourite of the plies) and it looks lovely, all heathery and subtle.  So we live and learn.  This has happened to me before.  I do sometimes refuse to learn, but I also love the surprise when a less than promising fibre is spun up and looks gorgeous!



I also stole the Aeryn fibre for my own spinning delictation over Easter, the silky threads through the fibre were just too yummy to resist.  This was a stunning fibre and is a lucious yarn too.





See you soon
x

No comments: